International Symposium on Communication Research History
The central figure of this year’s symposium will be the outstanding and distinguished German sociologist, the creator of the theory of autopoise self-reference systems, the author of several dozen books including ‘The Reality of the Mass Media’ and ‘The Media Communication’ Niklas Luhmann (1927-1998).
Russian and European researchers will get together to discuss the Niklas Luhmann’s heritage, his ideas application in modern science and possible perspectives of Luhmann’s concepts development in communications research.
The Symposium Organizers:
- Communications. Media. Design Journal
- Faculty of Communications, Media and Design of National Research University - Higher School of Economics (HSE)
- Centre for Fundamental Sociology of National Research University - Higher School of Economics (HSE)
- Sociological Review Journal
- Russian Public Opinion Research Center
- Monitoring of Public Opinion; Economic and Social Changes Journal
- Academy of Media Industry
- Faculty of Journalism of Lomonosov Moscow State University
The Symposium Partners:
- Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in the Russian Federation
- Communication Department of Free University of Berlin